Most of the work I have produced over the years is now hidden away on organizational systems, including learning management systems (LMS), wiki platforms, Intranets, etc. However, there are some example “deliverables” linked in below, many of the links are screenshots of the kind of blended solutions I have developed over the years.
If you would like to know any more do let me know, a lot of these links are not to my best work!
Synchronous Development Opportunities
- Virtual classroom and face-to-face
- Work has included developing workshops, lectures, seminar materials and more, varying from long form development programmes down to short sessions.
- Have supported others in their designs as well as shifting towards virtual delivery.
- Mapped existing materials to external standards, for example aligning development programmes with apprenticeship standards.
Asynchronous Development Opportunities
- Generally have used learning platforms to combine different elements as appropriate for the topic or requirements of the organization, qualification or other restriction. Sometimes resulting in quite long LMS/VLE pages – but my preference over hiding away in SCORMs (where there is not a logic for combing in a single package).
- Development of resources, including short video, checklists and user guides.
- Recordings of sessions, either from face-to-face sessions, from virtual sessions or purpose recorded via screen capture tools such as Camtasia.
- ‘Traditional’ eLearning modules. Often considered in a three level model:
- Bronze: generally PPT to eLearning conversion. Tools used have included iSpring, Articulate, etc. Often risk numbing our colleagues’ senses with lock-down and non-personalized resources if there is too much of this.
- Silver: some level of instructional/learning design input as well as creating/sourcing appropriate visual representations, such as adding in some humour, interactive images, visual themes, use of visual reminders, interactive maps, etc. Recently moving to HTML5 authoring tools and away from Articulate (basic menu example, basic content).
- Gold: in-depth analysis and design. Final products in the past have often made use of external vendors. Might include things like interactive video.
- Community management and social learning via discussion boards, Enterprise Social Networks (ESN), etc.
Creating the scaffolds to support learning, including established learning related policies, procedures and systems. Examples include:
- Building out a full offering to develop excellence in leadership and management.
- Development opportunity frameworks aligned to role profiles and competency/capability models to create transparency for colleagues (on development opportunities) and organizations (on skill-mix).
- Developing a learning culture through technology, such as ESNs but also coaching and other techniques (inc. use of Strengthscope accreditation).
- Benchmarking my work and demonstrating value (inc. via use of Kirkpatrick accreditation).
- Have managed various systems, including a Blackboard implementation project, ePortfolio, Moodle, Totara, Campus Pack and Questionmark.
- Process development, inc supporting the redesign of course development.
- Project management, task management and more around improving organizational performance and individuals’ empowerment.