Whilst the “NM” icon will remain in use on this site, that idea for a brand will be archived for now.
Elements from the previous page (and links to some resources I had built) about the Novice Media idea are copied below for posterity.
The proposal is for Novice Media to becomes a site/brand for introductory learning on topics that are under served online or where Googling and hitting Wikipedia is not enough to help.
The reasons for this (late 2018) idea included the issues emerging from the combination of complexity in the world and information overload of the web. Fake news and other modern problems are born from a lack of understanding of key topics and history.
Let me know if you want anything building out or would like to see something covered below.
- Work on Learn Appeal projects (http://learnappeal.com/collaborative-working-groups/)
- Learning and Development Practitioner Apprenticeship study guide and support resources
- H5P proof of concept for secondary school (Academic Honesty)
- Basic H5P Project for a secondary school history club
- Awaiting further projects/ideas