So I’ve taken the opportunity of a long holiday weekend to jump ship from Google Reader.
My final solution has been to move:
- most audio subscriptions to iTunes.
- other RSS to The Old Reader – this seems fine so far, a little annoying that imports come in as unread but otherwise not too bad. The mobile version (on my Windows 8 phone) seems good enough.
For the record, my Reader stats were:
- 1682 subscriptions (The Old Reader said it imported 819 so I’m hoping that is ignoring dead ones rather than losing any)
- 42 tags/folders
- Over the last 30 days I had read 629 items, clicked 54 items, starred 0 items, and emailed 12 items.
- Since April 12, 2007 I had “read” a total of 178,020 items
- 8 starred items:
2 thoughts on “Cheerio Google Reader”