Moving on from January, here is the live post for Feb:
- snow, snow, snow – closing schools across parts of the US, Canada and UK – reinforcing the value in online delivery and electronic ‘home work’ to avoid snow days.
- OpenLearning expanding their MOOC offerings through $1.7m investment – implications for Instructional Design market and other MOOCers.
- Not just an LMS but a Unified LMS – iCohere has drawn some attention for tying up with ADB partners (presumably similar to when providers like Blackboard have looked to expand their Instructional Design and research based practice):
- eLearning Innovation, LLC, acquires Advanced E-learning Solutions (aelearn) – consolidation in the eLearning industry…
- …and online training/content providers – $36m for Code School?!?
- D2L gaining clients in Asia…
- ..while Instructure is busy getting money together pre IPO.