I am currently making use of my 30 day trial period for Articulate 360 and thought I would make some quick comments about, my initial experience, using the Rise tool:
- easy to use and similar in appearance to WordPress, Adapt, etc.
- as expected, there are annoyances in what you can and cannot edit – for example “lesson” as the term for a section/page
- whilst there are interactive items and options for visual layouts it remains something of a layout tool for text – easy to use for just maing something ‘nice looking’ when you could just build out (in a more ugly form) in an LMS like Moodle, Totara, Blackboard, etc. or even Google Docs, Office365, etc.
- variations in font size don’t really seem to work forme but that might be my preferences for how things should look
- the inbuilt Preview tool is nice for checking layout on different device sizes. However, its not all that clear where boxes will allow you to scroll on text overflow (for example flip card items) or not (for example quiz question feedback).
- export to SCORM and publication on LMS worked fine (1.2 with no quiz scoring requirement).
UPDATE: We’re having real issues with playing courses in IE11 which (unfortunately) is still the most used browser in our workplace. Thus doesn’t look like Rise is for us (there are evidently people having the same kind of issues).
One thought on “First impressions of Articulate’s Rise”